Thursday 11 February 2010

Yee Haa









San Antonio (Texas) was a chilly but beautiful city. We spent the morning strolling along the famous River Walk until we reached the Alamo. Inside a guide gave a short history of the garrison and battle where Davy Crockett was killed in 1836. His remains are interred in San Fernando Cathedral pictured above.

A meal at the 'Mi Tierra' family owned Mexican restaurant, complete with wacky decor, was the next port of call before returning to the hotel to get ready for our evening visit to the rodeo.

The arena was huge, our seats were so high up we thought we would have nose bleeds! The show was great, everyone was cheering on their favourite cowboy, and we even managed a few 'yee haa's' ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. The rodeo looks really fun, did you have to sing the national anthem before it started? Very jealous you got to do the river walk it was dark when our train arrived there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'knitted one' is taking over my comments.....all I do now is look for it........felt sure he would be amongst the 'wacky decor' but blowed if I can see him.....over to you Robyne, your the champion spotter!
    I enjoyed watching the video, just like being there?
    Looking forward to the next Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of that haha I did have a slight advantage uncle tom told me how many there were so I just had to spot them! I think we should let Harry Hill know I think he'd be impressed at "WHEREEEEEEEEE ERRRRRR has the knitted charcter been this week " Im really looking forward to the next blog because it will be from sunny Florida looks like you to deserve a a bit of sunshine after the frozen pool Love Robyne x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s Happy Valentines love you both lots love robyne and james x x x

    ReplyDelete